Vineyards in Treiso.
- Altitude: 230 – 370 meters
- Exposure: South, Southwest
- Soils: White marl, clayey-calcarous, alternating with sandy layers
- Vines planted 1995 – 2015
- Vine Training System: Guyot
- Hand harvested into small crates in the first 10 days of October
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature < 30º C for 3 weeks
- Wine racked before malolactic fermentation lasting about a month
- Aged 12 months in large Slavonian oak barrels before bottling
Langhe Nebbiolo is the perfect example of how to understand the king of Piedmontese vines, and this wine is a classic yet contemporary version. It comes from noble “raw materials,” the color is bright ruby red, it releases floral, fruity and spicy scents. Body and tannic structure are mouth-wateringly elegant. It’s a versatile wine, perfect for an aperitif, lunch or dinner.
100% Nebbiolo grapes; vineyards in Treiso; soils of white marl clayey- calcareous with sandy layers; hand harvested into small crates; fermented in stainless steel at controlled temperatures for 3 weeks; malolactic fermentation for 1 month; aged in 50 Hl Slavonian oak for 12 months before bottling.
- 100% Nebbiolo grapes
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Total Acidity: 5.41 g/l
- pH: 3.45
- Residual Sugar: 0.52 g/l
- Extract: 26.9 g/l